Shop owners dread inventory management because it can be tedious and time-consuming when done manually. And it gets worse when the merchant is selling on a platform like Shopify with tons of customers who make regular purchases.
The good news is that Shopify has a bunch of inventory software that can be integrated into the seller’s store. These tools will let the seller know when to restock and will mark items unavailable to prevent them from being listed. If anything, customers hate to be surprised by “out-of-stock” pop-ups after spending twenty minutes on a page fantasizing over items that are unavailable.
Benefits of Good Shopify Inventory Software
Your Shopify is better off with inventory software that can help you avoid overspending and process inefficiencies.
These are the benefits of having a great inventory software:
- Eliminate tedious and time-consuming inventory recounts
- Avoid over-ordering inventory
- Improve productivity and efficiency with features like barcode scanners
- Avoid running out of stock
- Identify and eliminate slow-moving products
- Avoid error-ridden manual processes
How to Pick Your Shopify Inventory Software
We recommend starting with the basics:
- Pricing – is the software affordable?
- Orders – How many orders can the software process in a month?
- Shipping – Does it have a shipping solution?
- Users – How many users can the software accommodate at one time?
- Support – Will you get support when you need it?
Shopify has tons of inventory software, but there are some that have proven to be consistent when aligned with your Shopify store. The five tools below should simplify your store management by taking the stress of inventory management off your shoulders and leaving you with more time to grow your eCommerce store.
ChannelAdvisor is a sophisticated and robust multi-channel inventory software that offers a full-service approach to eCommerce automation and optimization. ChannelAdvisor is equipped with solid front and back-end tools to support all its features.
Integrating ChannelAdvisor multi-channel inventory solution with Shopify guarantees a seamless selling process that commences at sourcing and ends when the item is shipped to the buyer.
- The demand forecaster enables the seller to accurately make predictions on the inventory needed for upcoming sales. This advanced feature applies machine learning to undertake a complex SKU-level analysis of your sales history and seasonal data (from your various channels). It will then tell you the stock you need to meet future demand, without overstocking or understocking. The demand forecaster puts the right information at your fingertips to help you get the right amount of inventory, at the right time, and for the right channel
- ChannelAdvisor has an inbuilt quantity management feature that ensures you only sell items that are available. Using the Bundles feature lets sellers create a customized grouping of complementary or similar products that are sold together. As each bundle changes, ChannelAdvisor calculates quantities automatically and adjusts or updates stock levels. The Inventory juggler also updates the quantity to avoid the risk of overselling
- The out-of-stock inventory blocking feature makes sure you make orders on time
- ChannelAdvisor processes big data to give the seller valuable output that helps in keeping track of inventory
GeekSeller was originally a Jet.com automation tool, but it has branched out to offer inventory automation and management to Shopify, Amazon, and Walmart among others.
This Shopify inventory software has resourceful engineers who will willingly work with sellers to come up with a solution that fits the seller’s needs, which can include custom integrations.
- Auto approve orders by automating the ordering process and don’t worry about manually accepting orders
- Repricing, which dynamically changes prices to ensure you have the most competitive prices
- Chat and Email support
- Import products in bulk using XLS/CSV, or directly from other marketplaces like Amazon
- The seller can redirect quantity data from several sources to Shopify
- Synchronize inventory levels between marketplaces
- Manipulate quantities sent to specific marketplaces. For example, if you want to avoid overselling, you can set a rule to send 40% from a supplier to your Shopify store
- Send quantity data from two sources as a sum to one marketplace. For example, combine quantity data from Jet and Walmart and send the sum to Shopify
- Manage orders and returns
Sellbrite is effective when tracking inventory across multiple channels because it will help reduce your order processing time by synchronizing inventory across all channels. This eliminates the risk of overselling.
This Shopify inventory software has a simple interface and provides remarkable customer service for those looking for continuous inventory syncing. As a Shopify seller, you get the chance to automate rules depending on your strategy.
- One-to-one onboarding support from the helpful Sellbrite team. Support is still available once you are up and running
- Fast inventory sync allows you to synchronize inventory to all your listings fast, on different channels, and based on your rules
- Multi-channel order management
- Bulk update data across multiple marketplaces
- Simple, intuitive interface
- CSV data import/export
- Provides channel analytics
- Product training
- Multi-Warehouse support enables you to make inventory from all your warehouses available
- Automate listings from the retailer’s catalog
- Shipping management functionality allows retailers to ship from various channels
- Data is updated to reflect real-time inventory levels
- Quick to set up and use
- Fulfillment by Amazon allows you to send your Shopify orders to Amazon for easy fulfillment
- Monitor, revise, and relist your items on Shopify
InkFrog exists within the Shopify marketplace, and it enables moving of listings from Amazon to Shopify using templates. InkFrog cannot create or publish listings on Shopify. Instead, it creates eBay listings from your Shopify inventory. InkFrog then syncs the listings on both platforms according to your needs.
With its profile system, InkFrog allows the seller to import hundreds of products using only a click. If you are already selling on eBay and Shopify, use inkFrog’s import feature to “map” existing eBay listings to your Shopify to trigger synchronization. The syncing will then be done for title, pricing, description, and quantities.
- Take your Shopify listings and sync them to eBay or choose which products to sell on eBay
- Auto restock whenever you make a sale on eBay
- Customizable solution for inventory and order management between eBay and Shopify
- Link existing listings between eBay and Shopify
- Update inventory between eBay and Shopify
- Restock when your Shopify quantity is depleted
- Synchronize quantity
- Deactivate listing when you are out of stock
- Define rules of how inventory can be distributed between eBay and Shopify
- Sales made on Shopify update your eBay inventory
- Orders from either Shopify or eBay can be processed and shipped within Shopify
5. Stitch Labs
Stitch Labs is a favorite Shopify inventory software among merchants who make high sales as it can handle up to 100,000 SKUs. This has made Stitch Labs a darling amongst big brands in accessories, fashion, cosmetics, apparel, and home goods.
Stitch Labs Features:
- Publish listings from other marketplaces like eBay and Amazon to Shopify
- Track stock from multiple sales channels and multiple warehouses
- Get powerful reports for better decision-making, including valuable insights about your inventory
- Integrate online and offline sales channels
- Superior architecture has made the tool reliable in handling high volume and high growth
- Unparalleled support and service from the customer service team
- Direct the priority, flow, and routing of your orders to either your 3PL partners or warehouses
- Automate stock across all your locations and channels to easily gain control
- Integrate Stitch Labs with accounting systems, POS, and marketplaces
- Automate ordering
We hope you find of of these listing tools useful for your Shopify efforts!