Warehouse Process Engineer
- Measure, propose, and implement key initiatives to improve how our warehouses and cross-docks handle, receive, store, and fulfill inventory
- Design, test and execute operational and system process improvements that can be applied across the network to increase quality and on-time performance, and reduce costs
- Work closely with our Product team to identify opportunities for systematic changes to improve the flow of inventory across the network including (but not limited to) how we communicate inventory data, how inventory is prepared and documented for receiving, and how order information is used to impact picking and outbound efficiency
- Work with our warehouse partners to create and implement tools to audit efficiency and identify cost reduction opportunities including increasing fulfillment and storage capacity
- Collaborate with highly technical cross-functional teams to ensure that we achieve desired efficiencies with the lowest possible costs
- Be a subject matter expert and a key warehouse proponent in strategy and rollout discussions involving large-scale changes that affect our warehouses’ day-to-day operations
- Help define and prioritize resolution of systemic problems, contributing directly to roadmaps for our Engineering and Growth teams
- Background in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Operational Process Design
- 5+ years industrial cost control, reporting and analysis experience in high volume manufacturing, ecommerce, or warehouse environment
- Experience with warehouse process design, process automation, time/motion study analysis, continuous improvement (six sigma, kaizen, and/or lean manufacturing techniques), and change management
- Innate ability to fully comprehend new processes and systems quickly, with high attention to detail
- Demonstrated excellence in collaboration with internal and especially external business partners to deliver greater operational performance, efficiency, and/or quality
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly growing, startup environment and work independently or in teams
- Personable and collaborative; strong affinity for working cross-functionally
- Strong computer literacy skills, including usage of Google Sheets/Excel
- Incredibly hardworking and willing to do what it takes for us to reach our goals
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Comprehensive benefits for hard working teams.
You’ll have a tough challenge to tackle, so we make sure you’re covered!