Director of Support
- Oversee the entire Support org at Deliverr, leading the team through 10x YoY growth
- Enjoy and love delivering an exceptional experience with tremendous customer empathy
- Model, plan, and forecast the Support org to determine hiring needs to match our rapid scaling goals; be responsible for meeting those hiring needs
- Be a passionate voice for our customers, both merchants and warehouses, by understanding their context and our product in detail, measuring trends and costs, and ensuring fixes for top issues are being prioritized accordingly across the business
- Define the “voice of Deliverr” -- how we talk to customers, our tone, the language we use and make sure we use it consistently across all of Deliverr
- Be metric driven and understand how NPS, CSAT, retention and other core metrics are trending and what is driving those trends
- Drive engagement and collaboration between our Support team in Chicago and our Engineering and Product teams in San Francisco, so bugs are fixed quickly and potential feature requests are quickly reported
- Launch 24x7 support in the next 6-12 months, opening up chat and phone channels
- Lead effective and efficient change management within the Support org as changes to the product are released and new features launched; ensure appropriate readiness before changes occur, including new and updated SOPs, template responses, and proper training, where necessary
- Bring ideas, concerns and customer stories to the leadership team, especially emphasizing how the Deliverr product and website can be improved to reduce issues overall
- Oversee the Support onboarding program to ensure all new hires are efficiently trained on our core values, product, operational processes and how to communicate and work with customers using our voice
- Leader that is passionate and obsessive about every detail of the customer experience
- 10+ years of Customer Support experience, preferably with SMBs
- 5+ years experience leading teams and managing managers
- Experience demonstrating and promoting strong customer advocacy in a rapidly scaling business (e.g., startup)
- Ability to work with Software Engineering team to prioritize requirements and needs of merchants and support team
- Experience hiring and building a team from 10 to 50 employees in a single year
- In-depth experience driving QA processes and productivity KPIs for frontline staff
- A proven track record of transforming customer experience strategy into results
- Exceptional communication skills and strong ability to get quick buy-in across an organization (e.g., product, sales, success, executive, etc)
- In-depth knowledge of support tools (chat, ticketing, CRM); proven strategies to leverage and optimize workflows through Zendesk (a plus)
- Ability to deliver an amazing amount of impactful work with standards most would consider unreasonably high.
- Strong points for previous Product and Engineering experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Comprehensive benefits for hard working teams.
You’ll have a tough challenge to tackle, so we make sure you’re covered!