Head of Warehouse and Carrier Operations
Large online marketplaces like Amazon have trained consumers to expect products delivered to their doorsteps within 1-2 days at no extra cost. As a result, millions of sellers on other marketplaces are falling behind, unable to cost-effectively deliver products to their customers within 1-2 days. Deliverr's mission is to enable any seller, regardless of size, to delight their customers with fast and affordable fulfillment.
If you get excited thinking about joining a company on a mission to deliver products everywhere in the world within 1 day, we're looking for you.
What you'll do
- Responsible for On Time Shipping, On Time Receive, First Available to Sell, Variable Cost Per Unit and Shipping Cost per Unit and other metrics that indicate the health of network across entire Deliverr Network
- Source and Build a network of third party logistics providers including fulfillment centers, cross docks, LTL and shipping carriers to meet growing capacity needs of Deliverr
- Manage and improve third party logistics providers on performance and variable cost per unit and shipping cost per unit
- Plan capacity, provide forecasts and manage daily operations with third party providers
- Own SOPs for all operating process and work closely with engineering team to design and build the SOPs into platform
- Hire, build and lead an operations team with a focus on Operational Excellence
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years of experience in warehouse management, cross dock management, carrier management and supply chain management
- General Manager (GM) attitude - Experience in P&L management, contract negotiation and vendor management
- Extreme attention to detail, process oriented mindset, bias for action and an ability to make quick decisions even with limited information
- Passion for long term Operational Excellence
- Proven history of developing and implementing processes
- Proven history of working across departments to ensure on-time completion of projects
- Ability to contribute to strategic decisions, and to leadership and board discussions
Bonus points for
- BS in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Operations Research
- Experience in scaled e-commerce fulfillment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Comprehensive benefits for hard working teams.
You’ll have a tough challenge to tackle, so we make sure you’re covered!