Devops Engineer (Remote)
We’re looking for creators! If you are excited about building the backbone to deliver products everywhere in the world within two days - we’re looking for you.
What will you do:
- Reinvent fulfillment by designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving pragmatic software .
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Be a full business owner: shape the foundation of the product and business that you work on.
- Actively learn new language, techniques, and methodologies.
- Contribute actively to code reviews and design reviews.
What we’re looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in a related role.
- Someone who follows TDD or in general likes to write tests.
- Experience shipping production code with full instrumentation: deployment, logging, and monitoring, and documentation.
- Experience processing large amount of data.
- Experience with building and evolving REST APIs.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Strong familiarity with container based deployments and orchestration tools.
- Expertise with Cloud Platforms and related tooling: AWS, Terraform, Jenkins, etc.
- Strong intuition around system design, robustness, and scalability.
- Insatiable Curiosity, Undying Passion and Ownership to take on hard real world problems.
- Must be based in North America.
Bonus Points for:
- Master’s, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- Prior experience in Supply Chain, Fulfillment, Logistics, Shipping and Warehouse technologies.
- Machine learning, operations research and optimization, developing large software systems, logistics & fulfillment industry, pricing algorithms, shipping technology.
- Rich github or hackathon accolades or other ways you can show that you love to code.
- React and Redux for UI.
- Independent Service Oriented Architectures with services composed of:
- Java, Spring and MySQL RDS.
- Node, Typescript, MySQL RDS.
- DynamoDB for integration services
- SQS for queuing.
- We run on AWS.
Deliverr is featured in LinkedIn's 2020 Top Startups List!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Comprehensive benefits for hard working teams.
You’ll have a tough challenge to tackle, so we make sure you’re covered!