Large online marketplaces like Amazon have trained consumers to expect products delivered to their doorsteps within 1-2 days at no extra cost. As a result, millions of sellers on other marketplaces are falling behind, unable to cost-effectively deliver products to their customers within 1-2 days. Deliverr's mission is to enable any seller, regardless of size, to delight their customers with fast and affordable cost-effective fulfillment.
If you get excited thinking about joining a company on a mission to deliver products anywhere and everywhere in the world within two days - we’re looking for you.
We are looking for an ambitious Senior Accountant to be an integral member of the Finance team. You will apply your expertise in Accounting to build Deliverr’s operational capabilities and manage daily accounting functions. In addition, you will support Strategic Finance activities including fundraising, investor relations and margin improvement initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles, communicate well with cross-functional teams, and have a desire to make an impact in a fast growing organization. The goal is to contribute to efficient business operations and provide visibility to the company’s financial condition to ensure growth and long-term success.
What you'll do
- Improve Business Processes: Identify operational gaps and lead process improvements including accounts payable and accounts receivable processes; Oversee work performed by accounting team and provide guidance for improvements
- Mature Accounting Policies and Procedures: Help drive implementation of revenue compliance with ASC 606; Assist with month end and year end close; Provide assistance with financial statement audits
- Support System Improvements: Actively participate and collaborate on system implementations, as needed
- Special Projects: Assist in creating solutions for accounting and strategic finance problems
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience or within an accounting firm
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Basic understanding of US GAAP
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced startup environment
- Able to effectively work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with relevant accounting and billing software a plus (e.g. Quickbooks, Intaact, etc)
- CPA Qualification is a plus but not required
Deliverr is featured in LinkedIn's 2020 Top Startups List!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Comprehensive benefits for hard working teams.
You’ll have a tough challenge to tackle, so we make sure you’re covered!