Senior Manager - Operations Continuous Improvement (Chicago or SF)
What you'll do
- Design, develop, deploy and be the end-to-end owner of the continuous improvement program that supports Deliverr’s strategic direction including all aspects of the business system for operations, fulfillment, warehouse and transportation/logistics continuous improvement
- Responsible for defining and delivering on quarter over quarter cost and margin improvements
- Build strategic plans to fulfill customer demand in the most cost-efficient way and drive the identification, adoption, and continuous improvement of scalable end to end processes
- Be the end to end owner of the project funnel and personally own key initiative programs that support Deliverr’s strategic direction with the ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Develop and define program scopes, short and long term goals, KPIs, and outline/drive the project plan for achieving those goals on time
- Work with Operational stakeholders to drive execution on the plans and deep dive opportunities for improvement
- Work closely with all Deliverr teams, including Growth, Engineering, Data Science, and Finance
- Develop continuous improvement training materials and deploy to the organization and partners/suppliers
- Be a change agent developing and promoting a culture of continuous improvement and personally lead lean events at partner facilities
- Establish, standardize and roll out best practices across all partner facilities/operations
- Hire, mentor and develop future members of the continuous improvement team
What we’re looking for
- 7-10+ years of professional experience in Operations, Engineering or Supply Chain leading continuous improvement in a multi-site warehouse, distribution or e-commerce environment
- Certification in lean manufacturing/six sigma systems and tools with proven experience implementing for quantifiable results
- Demonstrated excellence in collaboration with internal and external business partners to deliver greater operational performance, efficiency, and/or quality
- Keen ability to distinguish internal versus external problem sources to properly focus the correct resources to resolve issues quickly
- Exceptional prioritization skills to ensure timely resolutions that are appropriate for the severity and impact of the situation
- Comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to adapt in a rapidly growing startup environment
- Ability to work independently in a high pressure environment with all levels of leadership and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist
- Personable and collaborative; strong affinity for working cross-functionally
- Strong computer literacy skills, including usage of Google Sheets/Excel including pivot tables, macros, data links, etc.
- Incredibly hardworking and willing to do what it takes for us to reach our goals
- Ability to travel for your programs or to work with our warehouse partners 50-75% of the time
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with SQL, creating and running reports
- MBA/Masters Engineering/Supply Chain
- Expertise in Lean Management, Six Sigma and other OE tools
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification
- Strong process, manufacturing, fulfillment or engineering background with an ability to understand work flow and throughput through the operation
Deliverr is featured in LinkedIn's 2020 Top Startups List!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status. Deliverr is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities through the hiring process.
Comprehensive benefits for hard working teams.
You’ll have a tough challenge to tackle, so we make sure you’re covered!