Carrier Operations Manager
What you'll do
- Source new Carrier Partners in all categories (small parcel, LTL, local cartage, Intermodal, and FTL)
- Own cost performance and negotiate short-term and long-term rates with Carrier Partners
- Plan daily equipment requirements based on forecasted volumes at each Deliverr fulfillment center
- Review and analyze data points with Carrier Partners to monitor P&D performance on a recurring basis
- Own key initiative programs that support Deliverr’s strategic direction with the ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Work with Operational stakeholders to drive execution on the plans and deep dive opportunities for improvement
- Develop and define program scopes, short and long term goals, KPIs, and outline/drive the project plan for achieving those goals on time
- Work closely with all Deliverr teams, including Growth, Engineering, Data Science, and Finance
- Responsible for defining and delivering on quarter-over-quarter cost and margin improvements
- Establish, standardize and roll out best practices across all carrier and transportation services
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of professional experience in Transportation, Logistics, Carrier Management or Supply Chain leading transportation and logistics in a multi-site warehouse, distribution or e-commerce environment with LTL/FTL/Parcel carriers.
- 4+ years of experience with transportation management systems.
- Proven track record of developing carrier relationships resulting in consistent month over month growth
- Demonstrated experience in leading complex negotiations with service providers
- Demonstrated excellence in collaboration with internal and external business partners to deliver greater operational performance, efficiency, and/or quality
- Keen ability to distinguish internal versus external problem sources to properly focus the correct resources to resolve issues quickly
- Exceptional prioritization skills to ensure timely resolutions that are appropriate for the severity and impact of the situation
- Comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to adapt in a rapidly growing startup environment
- Ability to work independently in a high pressure environment with all levels of leadership and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist.
- Strong computer literacy skills, including usage of Google Sheets/Excel including pivot tables, macros, data links, etc.
- Incredibly hardworking and willing to do what it takes for us to reach our goals
- Ability to travel for your programs or to work with our Vendor partners 25% of the time or as required
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with SQL, creating and running reports
- MBA/Masters in Supply Chain
- Expertise in Lean Management, Six Sigma and other OE tools
Deliverr is featured in LinkedIn's 2020 Top Startups List!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status. Deliverr is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities through the hiring process.
Comprehensive benefits for hard working teams.
You’ll have a tough challenge to tackle, so we make sure you’re covered!