Large online marketplaces like Amazon have trained consumers to expect products delivered to their doorsteps within 1-2 days at no extra cost. As a result, millions of sellers on other marketplaces are falling behind, unable to cost-effectively deliver products to their customers within 1-2 days. Deliverr's mission is to enable any seller, regardless of size, to delight their customers with fast and affordable cost-effective fulfillment.
If you get excited thinking about joining a company on a mission to deliver products anywhere and everywhere in the world within two days - we’re looking for you.
We are looking for an ambitious Accounting Manager to be an integral member of the Finance team. You will apply your expertise in Accounting to build Deliverr’s operational capabilities and manage daily accounting functions. In addition, you will support Strategic Finance activities including, fundraising, investor relations, and efficiency initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles, communicate well with cross-functional teams, and have a desire to make an impact in a fast growing organization.The goal is to contribute to efficient business operations and provide visibility to the company’s financial condition to ensure growth and long-term success.
What you'll do
- Mature Accounting Policies: Drive implementation of revenue compliance with ASC 606; lead month end and year end close; assist in financial statement audits
- Improve Business Processes: Identify operational gaps and lead process improvements to increase operating efficiency and timeliness of accounting and reporting
- Increase Reporting Capabilities: Develop metrics and reports to provide accuracy and visibility to business operations
- System Development: Help select and implement an in-house accounting system and oversee ongoing operations
- Oversee Accounting Team: Lead our offshore team in the preparation of monthly financials
- Special Projects: Support critical projects including fundraising, investor relations, efficiency projects, budgeting/planning
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 6+ years of relevant accounting experience (CPA and experience in public accounting is a plus)
- Strong understanding and knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls
- Experience managing a team of staff and offshore teams
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with relevant accounting and billing software (e.g. Sage Intacct, Netsuite, Quickbooks or similar a plus)
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced startup environment, not afraid to roll up sleeves to implement a process
- Able to effectively work independently and as part of a team
Deliverr is featured in LinkedIn's 2020 Top Startups List!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status. Deliverr is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities through the hiring process.
Comprehensive benefits for hard working teams.
You’ll have a tough challenge to tackle, so we make sure you’re covered!