IT Support Specialist
Large marketplaces like Amazon have trained us to expect products delivered to our doorsteps within 1-2 days at no extra cost. As a result, millions of sellers on other marketplaces are falling behind, unable to cost-effectively deliver products to their customers. Our mission is to transform the $8-12T fragmented and outdated logistics industry, and build an intelligent, asset-lite network that enables any online seller to offer fast, affordable fulfillment.
How we arrived at Deliverr is different — we are violinists, economists, ex-consultants, journalists, and more. What unites us together is the Deliverr factor: a bias for action, curiosity, and entrepreneurial ownership. We're looking for intelligent, driven, and passionate people to help make our vision a reality. We’re based in the heart of San Francisco and building teams around the globe — backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms. If you are excited about joining a people-first company that is driven to power the future of online retail, — we're looking for you. Are you ready?
As an IT Support Specialist you will support all employees with computer hardware, software, other technology equipment, and business-related applications. You will act as the primary contact for all incoming requests for technical support. This role will be responsible for tracking and maintaining the physical inventory of technology resources and the system access and security for employees entering and exiting the organization.
What you'll do:
- Primary contact for purchasing, programming, maintenance/repairs, and inventory tracking of employee equipment.
- Install and configure computer systems and applications within the company (through employee onboarding and offboarding).
- Provide technical telephone support for internal users on a variety of hardware and software problems including:
- Operating system support.
- Application support.
- System access problems.
- Database support.
- Create and maintain Help Desk tracking system.
- Assist in creating training materials pertaining to computer troubleshooting and usage.
- Implement company standards with respect to the desktop configuration and its applications.
- Implement and conduct training on IT security standards across the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or related technology field is preferred.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive experience working with different operating systems including Windows and Mac OS.
- Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential when communicating with customers and clients.
- Having a working knowledge of common information technologies and systems.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining high customer service standards.
*Please note you must be located in the San Francisco area for this position, as it requires in-office presence*
Deliverr is featured in LinkedIn's 2020 Top Startups List!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status. Deliverr is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities through the hiring process.
Comprehensive benefits for hard working teams.
You’ll have a tough challenge to tackle, so we make sure you’re covered!