Sortation Center Operations Manager
Large marketplaces like Amazon have trained us to expect products delivered to our doorsteps within 1-2 days at no extra cost. As a result, millions of sellers on other marketplaces are falling behind, unable to cost-effectively deliver products to their customers. Our mission is to transform the $8-12B fragmented and outdated logistics industry, and build an intelligent, asset-lite network that enables any online seller to offer fast, affordable fulfillment.
How we arrived at Deliverr is different — we are violinists, economists, ex-consultants, journalists, and more. What unites us together is the Deliverr factor: a bias for action, curiosity, and entrepreneurial ownership. We're looking for intelligent, driven, and passionate people to help make our vision a reality. We’re based in the heart of San Francisco and building teams around the globe — backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms. If you are excited about joining a people-first company that is driven to power the future of online retail, — we're looking for you. Are you ready?
We are making 1-day shipping a possibility for our merchants by building a network of sortation centers designed to inject packages into the network of our carrier partners. With daily increasing shipping volumes we have high expectations for 2021 and a need to scale our operations. It’s a huge challenge, which is why we are looking for someone with a passion for managing remote partners, identifying process failings, conducting root cause analysis, and implementing and driving improvements. If you join our Sortation Center team, you’ll have a blue ocean of opportunity, ownership, and be challenged by difficult problems that demand creativity.
What you'll do:
- Manage relationships with existing sortation center partner facilities while sourcing and onboarding new potential sortation partner candidates.
- Own performance reporting for sortation center partners, including on-time receiving/shipping, scanning and labeling compliance, and throughput capacity.
- Consistently hold sortation center partners to SLAs, providing clear and concise verbal and written reports of performance, and action plans when needed.
- Coordinate and improve on sortation center management tasks and communicate between sortation center partners and Deliverr teams.
- Facilitate troubleshooting with relevant parties for sortation center related problems.
- Serve as an escalation point for sortation center partners to mitigate risks and resolve issues.
- Find failures, review errors, identify trends and expose opportunities to improve operations both internally and externally.
- Track learnings and best practices to contribute to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Help prioritize resolution of systemic problems by working closely with the Sortation Center and Operations teams.
- 3+ years of experience working in sorting or cross-docking operations, process consulting, or fulfillment operations.
- 1+ years of experience vendor or partner management.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and solve problems at the source.
- Strong communication skills.
- Intermediate SQL skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills, including usage of Google Sheets/Excel.
- You have exceptional operations skills. You love building and improving processes.
- Ability to adapt in a rapid growth, startup environment.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Must be located in ATLANTA metro area.
Deliverr is featured in LinkedIn's 2020 Top Startups List!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status. Deliverr is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities through the hiring process.
Comprehensive benefits for hard working teams.
You’ll have a tough challenge to tackle, so we make sure you’re covered!