Operations Manager - Multi-site Fulfillment
Large marketplaces like Amazon have trained us to expect products delivered to our doorsteps within 1-2 days at no extra cost. As a result, millions of sellers on other marketplaces are falling behind, unable to cost-effectively deliver products to their customers. Our mission is to transform the $8-12B fragmented and outdated logistics industry, and build an intelligent, asset-lite network that enables any online seller to offer fast, affordable fulfillment.
How we arrived at Deliverr is different — we are violinists, economists, ex-consultants, journalists, and more. What unites us together is the Deliverr factor: a bias for action, curiosity, and entrepreneurial ownership. We're looking for intelligent, driven, and passionate people to help make our vision a reality. We’re based in the heart of San Francisco and building teams around the globe — backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms. If you are excited about joining a people-first company that is driven to power the future of online retail, — we're looking for you. Are you ready?
We are making 1-day shipping a possibility for our merchants by building a network of sortation centers designed to inject packages into the network of our carrier partners. With daily increasing shipping volumes we have high expectations for 2021 and a need to scale our operations. It’s a huge challenge, which is why we are looking for someone with a passion for managing remote partners, identifying process failings, conducting root cause analysis, and implementing and driving improvements.
What you'll do:
- Be an integral part of our Operations team at Deliverr acting as a primary manager to a subset of our external warehouse partners
- Own performance reporting for warehouse partners, including on-time receiving and shipping, inventory accuracy, and packing quality.
- Consistently hold warehouse partners to strict SLA expectations, providing clear and concise verbal and written reports of performance, and action plans when needed.
- Coordinate all warehouse partner management tasks and communication between warehouse partners and Deliverr teams
- Operations Manager will actively engage with site and regional operations leadership to implement new operational improvements and new services
- Facilitate troubleshooting with relevant parties for warehouse partner related problems.
- Serve as an escalation point for warehouse partners to mitigate risks and resolve issues.
- Measure and respond to gaps in inventory accuracy, facilitating strategic initiatives to identify root causes and resolve them; focusing on supporting external warehouses in continuous improvement activities.
- Review error rates by warehouse to identify trends and expose opportunities to improve operations both internally and externally.
- As needed, negotiate fulfillment partner contracts to ensure alignment and balanced incentives.
- Track learnings and best practices to contribute to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Help prioritize resolution of systemic problems, working closely with our Growth and Engineering teams.
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of professional experience in supply chain, fulfillment, e-commerce, vendor and/or partner management.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in driving continuous improvement experience
- 1+ year of experience in Lean Six Sigma problem solving methodologies such as Gemba, Daily Management, A3 Problem Solving, and Leader Standard Work
- Ability to travel onsite to meet with warehouse partners within your region approximately 50% of the time.
- Demonstrated collaboration with internal and external business partners to deliver greater operational performance, efficiency, and quality.
- Precise communication around external partner decisions, issues, risks and new processes.
- Keen ability to distinguish internal versus external problem causes to properly focus the correct resources to resolve issues quickly.
- Exceptional prioritization skills to ensure timely resolutions that are appropriate for the severity and impact of the situation.
- Ability to adapt in a rapid growth, startup environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Great attention to detail + appreciation for the complexity associated with the consistent achievement of operational tasks.
- Personable and collaborative; strong affinity for working cross-functionally.
- Strong computer literacy skills, including usage of Google Sheets/Excel.
- Incredibly hardworking and willing to do what it takes for us to reach our goals.
- Must have reliable transportation for frequent travel to visit warehouses
- Must be willing to relocate to New York/New Jersey or Eastern PA area, Chicagoland, Atlanta, Dallas, or Los Angeles.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with SQL, creating and running reports.
Deliverr is featured in LinkedIn's 2020 Top Startups List!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status. Deliverr is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities through the hiring process.
Comprehensive benefits for hard working teams.
You’ll have a tough challenge to tackle, so we make sure you’re covered!