Technical Writer - Contract
Large marketplaces like Amazon have trained us to expect products delivered to our doorsteps within 1-2 days at no extra cost. As a result, millions of sellers on other marketplaces are falling behind, unable to cost-effectively deliver products to their customers. Our mission is to transform the $8-12T fragmented and outdated logistics industry, and build an intelligent, asset-lite network that enables any online seller to offer fast, affordable fulfillment.
How we arrived at Deliverr is different — we are violinists, economists, ex-consultants, journalists, and more. What unites us together is the Deliverr factor: a bias for action, curiosity, and entrepreneurial ownership. We're looking for intelligent, driven, and passionate people to help make our vision a reality. We’re based in the heart of San Francisco and building teams around the globe — backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms. If you are excited about joining a people-first company that is driven to power the future of online retail, — we're looking for you. Are you ready?
As Technical Writer, you’ll prepare all the necessary documentation launch warehouse partners who are joining the Deliverr network.
This is a 3 month, 40 hour per week contract opportunity
What you’ll do:
- Write the manual documenting each step of the process for launching a new warehouse for Deliverr in great detail
- Develop process maps, technical step by steps, diagrams for use of WMS within Deliverr's 3PLs
- Work cross functionally between the expansion team, operations, and engineering to understand the nuance of each of the 100+ steps of launch
What we're looking for:
- 3 years of experience as a Technical Writer or similar role
- 2 years of experience in technical writing of process documentation
- Ability to translate highly complex information into easily understandable information for customers
- Creative skills and usage of photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Excellent written skills in English
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree Journalism
- Professional Writing or Creative Writing is a big plus
- Background in operations or supply science is a big plus
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Deliverr is featured in LinkedIn's 2020 Top Startups List!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status. Deliverr is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities through the hiring process.
Comprehensive benefits for hard working teams.
You’ll have a tough challenge to tackle, so we make sure you’re covered!