Large marketplaces like Amazon have trained us to expect products delivered to our doorsteps within 1-2 days at no extra cost. As a result, millions of sellers on other marketplaces are falling behind, unable to cost-effectively deliver products to their customers. Our mission is to transform the $8-12T fragmented and outdated logistics industry, and build an intelligent, asset-lite network that enables any online seller to offer fast, affordable fulfillment.
How we arrived at Deliverr is different — we are violinists, economists, ex-consultants, journalists, and more. What unites us together is the Deliverr factor: a bias for action, curiosity, and entrepreneurial ownership. We're looking for intelligent, driven, and passionate people to help make our vision a reality. We’re based in the heart of San Francisco and building teams around the globe — backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms. If you are excited about joining a people-first company that is driven to power the future of online retail, — we're looking for you. Are you ready?
What you'll do:
- Oversee the development of warehouse designs, with a heavy focus on optimizing for warehouse flow, storage capacity, productivity, variable cost per unit, and quality
- Scope and develop solutions for automating our existing and new fulfillment centers
- Lead execution for the end-to-end warehouse design and implementation process:
- Sourcing external partners
- Negotiating contracts
- Conducting pilot tests
- Creating budgets
- Implementing new storage solutions and automation
- Measuring, analyzing, and reporting on all KPIs to stakeholder team
- Optimize the warehouse design process through applying standard continuous improvement principles
- Lead the coordination of capital improvement projects with our third party warehouses
- Serve as the primary conduit between the Operations and Network Expansion teams when it comes to integration of automation and storage solutions across our network
- Define business requirements from a warehouse design perspective and manage cross-functional team to bring these business requirements to life
- Create and maintain strategic relationships with industrial equipment providers
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or related field
- 3+ years of experience working with automation and storage solutions in a supply chain, manufacturing, or distribution environment
- 2+ years of experience leading and influencing cross-functional teams, driving technology and hardware investment decisions
- 2+ years of experience working with data analysis tools, such as Excel and Pivot Tables; experiencing with advanced analytical tools, such as Macros, SQL, Tableau, etc. to create actionable insights and reports is highly desirable
- Demonstrated excellence in collaboration with internal and external business partners to deliver greater operational performance, efficiency, and/or quality
- Firm understanding of warehouse design process
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Strong Analytical Skills - Excel/Google Sheets and SQL proficiency is a must
- Knowledge of multi-channel online retail and/or 3PL operations
- Ability to travel during the implementation phase (up to 50%)
Bonus Points for:
- Masters degree in industrial engineering, supply chain management, or related field
Deliverr is featured in LinkedIn's 2020 Top Startups List!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status. Deliverr is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities through the hiring process.
Comprehensive benefits for hard working teams.
You’ll have a tough challenge to tackle, so we make sure you’re covered!