Outbound Carrier Operations Manager
Large marketplaces like Amazon have trained us to expect products delivered to our doorsteps within 1-2 days at no extra cost. As a result, millions of sellers on other marketplaces are falling behind, unable to cost-effectively deliver products to their customers. Our mission is to transform the $8-12T fragmented and outdated logistics industry, and build an intelligent, asset-lite network that enables any online seller to offer fast, affordable fulfillment.
We’re a group of operation gurus, engineers, product experts, customer champions and designers, looking for intelligent, driven and passionate people to help make our vision a reality. We’re based in the heart of San Francisco and backed by a leading Silicon Valley venture capital firm.
If you get excited thinking about joining a company on a mission to deliver products everywhere in the world within two days - we’re looking for you.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of >5 Support staff to monitor automated bookings and handle exceptions
- Engage in Seller (customer) facing communication regarding high level escalations and opportunities
- Develop and analyze trends, preferences, and other data points specific to Seller Inbound transit decisions while partnering with Carriers & internal stakeholders to develop dynamic solutions to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Formulate KPIs to drive action, education and insight within the seller Inbound space while monitoring carrier partners P&D performance and reliability.
- Develop and define program scopes, short and long term goals, KPIs, and outline/drive the project plan for achieving those goals on time
- Expand on current operating model to minimize the utilization of SPD / LTL freight movements
- Cross-collaborate across the broader Operations team to create long-term strategy for full end-to-end handling of International imports
- Optimize internal operating processes to improve transit efficiency as well as align costs to current market conditions
- Own key initiative programs that support Deliverr’s strategic direction with the ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Work with Operational stakeholders to drive execution on the plans and deep dive opportunities for improvement
What We’re Looking For:
- 7+ years of professional experience in Transportation, Logistics, Carrier Management or Supply Chain leading transportation and logistics in a multi-site warehouse, distribution or e-commerce environment with LTL/FTL/Parcel carriers.
- 5+ years of experience with transportation management systems.
- Proven track record of developing carrier relationships resulting in consistent quarter over quarter growth
- Demonstrated experience in leading complex negotiations with service providers
- Demonstrated excellence in collaboration with internal and external business partners to deliver greater operational performance, efficiency, and/or quality
- Keen ability to distinguish internal versus external problem sources to properly focus the correct resources to resolve issues quickly
- Exceptional prioritization skills to ensure timely resolutions that are appropriate for the severity and impact of the situation
- Comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to adapt in a rapidly growing startup environment
- Ability to work independently in a high pressure environment with all levels of leadership and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist.
- Strong computer literacy skills, including usage of Google Sheets/Excel including pivot tables, macros, data links, etc.
- Incredibly hardworking and willing to do what it takes for us to reach our goals
- Ability to travel for your programs or to work with our Vendor partners 25% of the time or as required
Bonus Points For:
- Experience working with SQL, creating and running reports
- Past experience on both the Broker / Carrier AND Shipper perspectives
- Experience with Shipwell, MercuryGate, or SAP
Deliverr is featured in LinkedIn's 2020 Top Startups List!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status. Deliverr is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities through the hiring process.
Comprehensive benefits for hard working teams.
You’ll have a tough challenge to tackle, so we make sure you’re covered!