DevOps Engineer - Infrastructure
Large marketplaces like Amazon have trained us to expect products delivered to our doorsteps within 1-2 days at no extra cost. As a result, millions of sellers on other marketplaces are falling behind, unable to cost-effectively deliver products to their customers. Our mission is to transform the $8-12T fragmented and outdated logistics industry, and build an intelligent, asset-lite network that enables any online seller to offer fast, affordable fulfillment.
How we arrived at Deliverr is different — we are violinists, economists, ex-consultants, journalists, and more. What unites us together is the Deliverr factor: a bias for action, curiosity, and entrepreneurial ownership. We're looking for intelligent, driven, and passionate people to help make our vision a reality. We’re based in the heart of San Francisco and building teams around the globe — backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms. If you are excited about joining a people-first company that is driven to power the future of online retail, — we're looking for you. Are you ready?
What You'll Do:
We are building a brand new Platform Engineering group to support our product teams and manage the platforms and tools they use to build, observe and deploy services. A major pillar of that group is a dedicated Infrastructure team. They work closely with our engineers to advocate a DevSecOps mindset, and provide the tools required to continuously deploy, secure and observe systems in production.
Initially, you will be building out a fully managed AWS infrastructure management practice, driving our conversion from manual resource management to Infrastructure as Code using Terraform or a similar tool and support adoption of the same across our product development teams. As well as automation and developer support, you will be responsible for building and managing the applications that govern, manage, and deploy applications in production.
This role is 100% remote out of the United States or Canada.
What We're Looking For:
- Hands-on knowledge of AWS and its primary services, including AWS compliance, cost, authentication and monitoring tools.
- Direct experience maintaining Infrastructure as Code model for a large (100+) engineering organization.
- Experience with at least one major infrastructure management tool like Terraform, Pulumi or CDK
- General coding skills for scripting and automation
Bonus Points For:
- A working knowledge of multiple infrastructure management tools
- Experience implementing and testing Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Plans using AWS infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience supporting security compliance requirements in infrastructure (SOC2, ISO27001)
- Knowledgeable and comfortable with Agile development practices
- Excellent understanding of Observability solutions and concerns
- Experience supporting strong and scalable CI/CD pipeline incorporating tools like Terraform or Ansible
Background as DevOps, Infrastructure, AWS Solution Engineer preferred
Deliverr is featured in LinkedIn's 2020 Top Startups List!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status. Deliverr is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities through the hiring process.
Comprehensive benefits for hard working teams.
You’ll have a tough challenge to tackle, so we make sure you’re covered!