Large marketplaces like Amazon have trained us to expect products delivered to our doorsteps within 1-2 days at no extra cost. As a result, millions of sellers on other marketplaces are falling behind, unable to cost-effectively deliver products to their customers. Our mission is to transform the $8-12 trillion per year fragmented and outdated logistics industry, and build an intelligent, asset-lite network that enables any online seller to offer fast, affordable fulfillment.
How we arrived at Deliverr is different — we are violinists, economists, ex-consultants, journalists, and more. What unites us together is the Deliverr factor: a bias for action, curiosity, and entrepreneurial ownership. We're looking for intelligent, driven, and passionate people to help make our vision a reality. We’re based in the heart of San Francisco and building teams around the globe — backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms. If you are excited about joining a people-first company that is driven to power the future of online retail, — we're looking for you. Are you ready?
- Reinvent fulfillment by designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving pragmatic software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Be a full business owner: shape the foundation of the product and business that you work on.
- Actively learn new language, techniques, and methodologies.
- Contribute actively to code reviews and design reviews.
- Create visibility for stakeholders through business intelligence tooling
What We’re Looking For:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Insatiable Curiosity, Undying Passion and Ownership to take on hard real world problems.
- Someone who follows TDD or in general likes to write tests.
- Experience shipping production code with full instrumentation: deployment, logging, and monitoring and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Relational database experience. Understanding of transactions and ACID properties.
- Comfort working across the front-end and back-end, and the interfaces between them
Bonus Points For:
- Master’s, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- Prior experience in Supply Chain, Fulfillment, Logistics, Shipping and Warehouse technologies.
- Machine learning, operations research and optimization, developing large software systems, logistics & fulfillment industry, pricing algorithms, shipping technology.
- Rich github, hackathon accolades or other ways you can show that you love to code
- Knowledge of Typescript or ES6.
- Experience with SQS or other queueing services.
- React, Redux, and Typescript for the front-end.
- Independent Service Oriented Architectures with services composed of: Node, Typescript, MySQL RDS.
- We run on AWS making ample use of SQS, SNS, and Kinesis
Deliverr is featured in LinkedIn's 2020 Top Startups List!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status. Deliverr is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities through the hiring process.
Comprehensive benefits for hard working teams.
You’ll have a tough challenge to tackle, so we make sure you’re covered!