Senior Data Scientist, Operations Research - Fast Tag Model Optimization
Large marketplaces like Amazon have trained us to expect products delivered to our doorsteps within 1-2 days at no extra cost. As a result, millions of sellers on other marketplaces are falling behind, unable to cost-effectively deliver products to their customers. Our mission is to transform the $8-12T fragmented and outdated logistics industry, and build an intelligent, asset-lite network that enables any online seller to offer fast, affordable fulfillment.
How we arrived at Deliverr is different — we are violinists, economists, ex-consultants, journalists, and more. What unites us together is the Deliverr factor: a bias for action, curiosity, and entrepreneurial ownership. We're looking for intelligent, driven, and passionate people to help make our vision a reality. We’re based in the heart of San Francisco and building teams around the globe — backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms. If you are excited about joining a people-first company that is driven to power the future of online retail, — we're looking for you. Are you ready?
What you'll do:
- Develop improvements to the design and performance of Fast Tags—Deliverr’s flagship method of dynamically offering low-cost, fast shipping promises to end consumers
- Improve the value proposition for Deliverr’s sellers by finding the best geographies where with consistent, low-cost shipping options
- Build systems that balance faster delivery promises (including 1-day and same-day deliveries), acceptable on-time delivery, and fulfillment margins
- Help senior leadership make decisions balancing high-level growth and product considerations with operational margins
- Work with engineers and Deliverr’s sellers to track and understand tag behavior through all steps of the ad, shopping, and checkout process
- Build models to measure the sales lift of fast shipping promises in different contexts
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of an undergraduate quantitive degree in applied statistics, analytics, economics, or similar
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing econometric or optimization models with real-world applications
- Experience with SQL and BI tools, required
- Experience with Python, preferred
- Background in supply chain logistics, highly desired
- Proven ability to move between technical modeling tasks and product-oriented questions
- Precise and concise communication
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and adapt in a rapid-growth startup
- Detailed knowledge of e-commerce or logistics
- Experience running large-scale experiments
- Experience with dbt
Deliverr is featured in LinkedIn's 2020 Top Startups List!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status. Deliverr is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities through the hiring process.
Comprehensive benefits for hard working teams.
You’ll have a tough challenge to tackle, so we make sure you’re covered!